5. The End of the Plastic Bag Era - Cities like San Francisco are banning plastic bags, and for good reason, plastic bags take up to 1,000 years to biodegrade, and as they litter they break down into tiny pieces which leak into our water and soil as well as harm our wildlife. Banning plastic bags nationwide would save retailers roughly $ 4 billion annually! Ireland's plastic bag tax has reduced oil consumption by approximately 18 million liters a year and raised $9.6 billion in the first year. Ireland's population is 6 million compared with the United States' population of over 300 million, if we were to follow their lead we could see a 50x larger reduction in oil and increase in tax surplus!!!
4. Bringing the Past full Circle – There has been a significant increase in the amount of "waste" being diverted from landfills and into factories. Manufacturers are finding more ways than one to use a product after it has outlived its purpose. This surge in reuse is helping to make our oceans and lands more healthy.
3. Improved Air Quality - Paints, fabrics and thousands of other products are now being produced in a Low or No-VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) format. These products produce little or no off gassing resulting in cleaner and better quality air. Off gassing has been linked to cancer and asthma; improving our air can sustain not only our environment but our lives as well.
2. The Green Economy - In the advent of global warming, industries were slow to change their ways, but with new social awareness, consumers are demanding products that are better for the environment and better for their health. The result is high quality goods that can sustain our environment and human life itself. The new movement is also bringing on a new infrastructure
of "green collar workers".
1. Building a Brighter Future – The decisions we make today consequently and severely affect the generations that follow us. By choosing eco friendly products and sustainable methods for transportation and building, we will have a brighter future for our children. Here at OOCK we can help you achieve that future! Happy Thanksgiving.